How do my clients authorize me?

After your clients, family members, or friends authorize you to act for them, you can get access to their information.

How to get authorized

Individual taxpayers

Your clients can authorize you for their income tax and benefit account online through My Account.

Your clients can also authorize you by submitting the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) a completed Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative.

For more information, go to Authorize or cancel a representative.

Business clients

Your clients can authorize you online through My Business Account.

If your clients don’t have access to My Business Account, you can send business authorization requests electronically through Represent a Client, at your convenience. For a request to be completed, you must provide all required information, as well as scan and send the certification page signed by your client. After the CRA receives the electronic authorization request and certification page, the information will be reviewed, validated, and processed within five business days. Your business client can also authorize you by completing and submitting Form RC59 Business consent for access by telephone and mail.

How to access your clients’ information

To access information online for any clients you represent, you first need to register for Represent a Client and get a representative identifier (RepID). If you are registering a business as a representative, you will use the business number (BN) of your business as an identifier for this service. If you are registering for a GroupID to authorize a group of representatives, you will use the GroupID number as an identifier for this service. You will then give your RepID, GroupID or BN to your clients, so they can authorize you to access their tax information online.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: