How to change your address

Go online

Use My Account and click on "Change my address."

Use the MyCRA mobile application and select "Manage contact info."

Use My Service Canada Account  and click on “Access now”. This will let you access My Account where you can click “Change my address.”


Call 1-800-959-8281.

Before you call, go to Getting or changing personal tax information to find out what information you should have on hand.

Mail or fax

Send one of these to your tax centre:

You can change someone else’s address at the same time as yours, such as your spouse’s or common-law partner’s. Your letter must include the name, social insurance number, and signature of that individual.

Why is it important?

When your information is up to date, you will receive, without delays, any benefit payments to which you may be entitled and important correspondence from the CRA. Otherwise, your payments may stop or you may not receive important correspondence, such as your notice of assessment.



The CRA will not forward your new information to other government departments, except Elections Canada if you authorized the CRA to, on your return. Contact other departments or organizations to give them your new address.


Forms and publications

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: